The big oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico is now serving to prove to the DUmmies something most of us knew long ago...That Barack Obama is nothing but a complete BS artist. Yeah, he talks up a good storm but what does he actually DO? Mostly nothing which is why the DUmmies are now so frustrated with his lack of action as you can see in the THREAD, "White House in Denial; Public Wants Real Action on BP Oil Disaster." I've known a few people like Obama. Real big on talk but when it comes time to take action...NOTHING. So let us now watch the DUmmies quote from a leftwing FireDogLake ARTICLE about what a complete do-nothing BS artist Barack is in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, noting that the oil spill hasn't crimped the lavish state dinners of The One, is in the [barackets]:
White House in Denial; Public Wants Real Action on BP Oil Disaster NO
[Action? Sure, BO will blame it all on BP...and on Bush and Halliburton. But as to actual ACTION...nope. Just BO BS.]
It’s been more than 30 days since the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and the well nearly a mile below on the sea floor began to erupt oil and methane, killing 11 of our fellow citizens and injuring even more both immediately and in the continuing damage which followed.
[But wasn't that a really great state dinner that BO had for Calderone?]
And nothing has happened of any consequence since then.
Oh, we’ve had a Category 5 hurricane of hot air, some decent questions from Congressional hearings, but zippo-zilch-nada in the way of an effective solution. (I pity the people of the Gulf who had to deal with another hurricane they couldn’t escape.)
[I pity those who voted for the BS artist thinking he would actually DO something.]
Now the White House is having a hissy behind closed doors with the media because dammitall, they can’t stop asking questions about the spill. Oh that’ll work, that’ll make a difference; the biggest environmental disaster our country has experienced will go away if only the media shuts up about it.
[Quiet while BS is in progress.]
Screw that. This has been nothing but a corporate-induced environmental and socio-biological experiment perpetuated on our commons without our consent, and the American public doesn’t take well to experimentation without debate in advance. Witness our slow-moving policy on stem cell research, for example. We don’t frigging like it.
[BP's biggest campaign donation was to BO which might explain the BS.]
And screw the White House for its insistence that the Fourth Estate stop pestering them and begone. The people have been demanding accountability through our elected representatives in the legislature, but it’s like maneuvering a massive battleship, one that is intended for the making of laws and not their execution.
[No presidential press conferences since BO derailed himself last summer.]
But it’s the Executive Branch which is charged with the faithful execution of our laws, and it’s failing to do so. It has not done a competent job of communicating with the public or the media would not be hammering on them as they are for more information — and for once, the media is actually doing what we need of them, not what their corporate lords and masters expect.
[It hasn't done a competent job...PERIOD.]
Instead of scolding the press, the White House should be asking itself why it’s being pestered. Why has "oil spill" remained a trending topic among internet searches across various outlets for more than a month?
It’s because we want ACTION, not more words. We want the damned well capped and we want it capped yesterday, and no, we don’t want to leave this to a negligent corporation which has consistently failed to act in good faith. We want the Executives we elected to office to execute. Do something, for god’s sake.
[I promise to form a commission to form a committee to look into why...]
I’ve had a list of action items for a while now, in fact, if the White House cannot find actionable items of their own. You know that popular site, Getting Things Done? Yeah, well you can call this Get Sh*t Done Now. Here’s my GSDN list as it is right now which I gladly submit for the White House’s immediate consideration and implementation:
[...an advisory council should be organized to...]
1) Obama needs to use that goddamned unitary executive power he’s been clinging to and declare a state of emergency in federal waters along the Gulf of Mexico, using an Executive Order. This is now an international situation, not just an American one, because the oil will eventually end up in the North Atlantic.
[...look into forming an...]
2) Declare British Petroleum in violation of its lease and kick them off the site. Threaten to seize all American assets of BP-America immediately if they do not assist in setting up a claims system which will be administered and overseen by the U.S. and paid by BP. (Hire all those poor Sallie Mae folks who were going to lose their jobs because of student loan reform for this purpose. /snark)
[...oil leak committee that would...]
3) Ask the Department of Energy’s Steve Chu to create a skunkworks rapid solutions team from NASA and DARPA along with schools which specialize in oceanography, mechanical technology, geology, and computer modeling. Stop waiting for the nice old farts they pulled from JASON because this is an emergency, goddamnitall, we don’t have time for them to come up with a vetted, peer-reviewed whitepaper on this. Don’t listen to anybody’s crap about so-called experts on deepwater drilling and how they’ll solve the problem. As my 16-year-old said, "If there’s experts, where are they? Show me one." Yeah. What she said.
[...keep the President apprised of...]
4) Threaten to kick Ken Salazar to the curb if he doesn’t not immediately have every one of the 15+ deepwater offshore drilling sites reevaluated; every evaluation must be on POTUS desk inside 15 days from the date the Executive Order. And we want the evaluations made public — no more of this bullshit opacity the White House calls transparency. No excuses; all this stuff should have been submitted when BP and the other oil industry firms applied for the leases to begin with.
[...latest leak developments that...]
5) Approach corporations to develop an X-Prize type program to develop a private solution in tandem with the skunkworks solution. Ask Congress to create a special R&D tax credit for firms which donate money to the X-Prize for development.
[...could develop within...]
6) Approach Florida State University (which now owns the former Scripps’ Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute and its submersibles) along with Mississippi State (which has an oceanography program) and ask them to work with NIUST to develop models of the plume’s distribution, along with identifying the impact short and long-term on the ocean bottom and the ecosystem above it.
[...the next timeframe...]
7) Suck up the arrogance and pride and ask the elder statesman of the environment to be the face of this effort. Ask Al Gore to do the legwork with the corporations and educational facilities whose cooperation is needed. Tell him this is to be used as an example of what people can do for the larger environment if they focus on this problem first. If they can solve this, they can solve the big problems.
[...as the development ensues...]
8) Tell the Catfood Commission (read: Presidential Deficit Commission) to find a way to shoehorn in funding for an alternative energy Apollo Program or Marshall Plan. If you have to find a front man, go to Al Gore because this was his idea back in 1992. Jeebus, catch a clue and use the resources you have already; Gore wrote it all out for you in 1992.
[...and analytic methods developed...]
9) Call that lazy-assed sad-sack Joe Lieberman and tell him whatever super-secret-y deal you guys have going in the way of a quid pro quo is off if Lieberman cannot find some reason to investigate the relationships between Department of Interior and any corporation with which it deals. Make the call private, and tell him if he doesn’t have hearings within 15 days you are going to publicly call him on the carpet for the benefit of CT voters every chance you get until 2012.
[...handle the crises as...]
10) You know damned well if they cut corners in the Gulf of Mexico, they did it elsewhere. Threaten to go for the jugular on them if they don’t continue to play ball with clean-up in the Gulf.Take a bunch of bloggers up to BP’s operations in Alaska and let them roam around for a couple weeks. Make BP pay for it — figure it out, you have the EO in one hand and the power to print money in the other. Keep the pressure on BP until they beg for mercy.
[...structural responses are structured...]
11) And right now I’m tempted to tell one Barack Obama to get really, genuinely excitedly-upset, be more than that Spock character for once, add the passion of Captain Kirk and the anger of Dr. McCoy in the mix. That fakery last week only made us heave with nausea. And Rahm? Just bite me; whatever counsel you’ve offered Mr. Spock-the-President has been both incompetent and impotent.
[...i.e. not a damn thing.]
If I could sit and stew a while longer on this and not elevate my blood pressure, I could come up with a lot more. But I’m sure you have more ideas of your own. What do you want to tell this White House to do about the spill? Be specific, stick to workable suggestions — this is not an invitation to a flame war. Give the Executive Branch plenty of reasons to do something instead of nothing but flogging the media.
[Send an emergency team of community organizers down to the Gulf to blow off a lot of hot air? And now the other DUmmies react to the Do-Nothing-In-Chief...]
Time for Obama to stop hiding under the bed.
[Please! This involves actual WORK. Too much to expect from him.]
So what is the best method to get word to the White House
that we the people are done waiting? Phone calls? Letters? Marching in the streets?
[Reading lines off teleprompters?]
Watching the Obama Admin flail about is like watching a slow motion train wreck. The lack of national emergency status being placed on this catastrophe truly calls into question the President's competence.
[A DUmmie finally awakes from his long mental dormancy.]
The only thing more epic than this volcano of oil is the seeming lack of importance being assigned to it by the Obama Admin.
[Hey, he has state dinners and political fundraisers to attend!]
It's way past time for Obama to ACT. No stern letters. No disappointing looks while giving a speech. No harsh tone to his voice while talking about it. It's time for ACTION. DO SOMETHING, OBAMA!
[PLACE A NEW SCRIPT INTO YOUR TELEPROMPTER!]
He's only been in office 18 months!
[Still brief enough to continue blaming Bush.]
Obama doesn't have what it takes to act. That's become very clear.
[An oil soaked Kewpie Doll is on the way to you.]
The Obama administration isn't in denial, they just don't give a damn.
[Will this affect my Arugula salad?]