Monday, August 08, 2011

DUmmie Snoutport Too DUmb to Use Coupons


Pity poor DUmmie Snoutport. A schoolteacher yet too DUmb to figure out how to use coupons or get good deals as you can see in his/her/its THREAD, "$4.08 for an 11 oz box of 'Nilla Wafers at the store today. What? Really? How?" To get an idea of what a dark (but HILARIOUS) mental place DUmmie Snoutport is coming from, take a look at his/her/its POST on another THREAD. I warn you to put down your coffee cup while reading it or you will risk ruining your monitor. So let us watch DUmmie Snoutport who is also a teacher lapse into utter helplessness in the face of 'Nilla Wafers prices in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, who picked up a 20 lb bag of rice for FREE today via coupons, is in the [brackets]:


$4.08 for an 11 oz box of 'Nilla Wafers at the store today. What? Really? How?

[Bush's fault!!!]

I am having some major sticker shock today. Mind you I go to the CHEAPEST grocery store in town. No fancy nothing. This place is cement, metal racks and you bag your own everything.

[Apparently also FREEZE your own brain.]

Dog food was up a buck, bread prices went up and I don't think I've ever seen summer fruit so expensive in my entire life.

[And of course, you just meekly accepted it and paid the price.]

But the kicker was the 'Nilla Wafers by Nabisco. The box is different than I am used to so I double checked it. 11 oz... $4.08. Sigh...another old favorite that are not within my budget.

[Hey DUmmie Snoutport! Did you even bother to check for alternatives on the Web? Guess what? It took your humble correspondent all of about 10 seconds to find out that you could get those Nilla Wafers at CVS for only $2.50 as you can see HERE. However even that price is too much for me. If I wanted Nilla Wafers I would wait until they are on sale BOGO and then use coupons on each of the items. Good chance I could get them FREE since I do this type of deal all the time.]

How long are prices going to go up? I'm a repetative shopper--I kinda get the same things over and over--and for years I'd spend right around $100. Today's shopping was $147--of which only $7 was meat.

[Only $7 was meat and the rest was crap. BTW, I spent exactly $0.00 on a whole bunch of steaks this past weekend using coupons. I bet anything I could have gotten that $147 price tag down to under 10 bucks.]

Why are the food corporations pushing the American public so hard? How long until people start to protest because they are hungry? Why are they choosing to make so much unrest? It can't all be greed can it?

[It's stupidity but all on your part DUmmie Snoutport. And now to the rest of the DUmmies...]

Part of it is fuel prices. Fuel goes up, and so does everything transported by fuel.

[Thank you, Baroke, for allowing corn to be used as fuel instead as food.]

One suggestion I can make is to look down the liquor & beer aisle for rebate coupons that you mail in, some states do not require an alcohol purchase and it's pretty easy to get the rebate requirements with just your weekly shopping. Beyond that just watch the sales, use coupons and just buy what you need.

[Aren't you worried DUmmie Snoutport would find the use of coupons to be too strenuous?]

Well see they have a lot of execs who need to make hundres of millions of dollars each year so.

[Class warfare is the reason why DUmmie Snoutport has to pay $4.08 for a box of 'Nilla Wafers. Where's Lenin when we really need him?]

Really, I do wonder how much it will take before people will get in the streets.

[A price rise to $4.09 on a box of 'Nilla Wafers is enough to get the people in the streets and bring about Bolshevik Revolution.]

If we go to the streets their next step will be claiming civil disobedience, taking lots of surveillance pictures and rounding up those they deem a threat to the status quo. That might sound outrageous, but that's how bad I think it's gotten in the US. The gears are turning to fully suppress the common folk in the US IMO into serfdom. That said, I think we are on the edge ... there's a line being crossed and I don't think compromise is on the minds of the common folk in the US.

[And line being crossed is when the price of 'Nilla Wafers goes from $4.08 to $4.09 per box. That is precisely what caused the French peasants to storm the Bastille.]

Just finished a box of low fat Nilla wafers--$4.39 / 11 oz. Purchased at a Meijer store in the past week or two.

[And you're DUmb enough to publicly admit to paying that?]

I have to shop tomorrow. I dread it. I'm now going to the store once every 2 weeks or longer. Everything I buy is calculated for meals. No junk any more. Last time I went shopping, I came home angry, cursing the powers that be.
This time I bet I'll be even madder...maybe even cry a little. I'm not in a good place right now but there are folks worse off than I. They have my best thoughts. Where will we go from here? It stinks folks!

[Sayeth the clueless DUmmie too DUmb to use coupons.]

I allow myself a small package of good coffee every other month.

[Did I mention that I got 3 vacuum packs of coffee in the past couple of days for $0.00 via coupons?]

Advance planning, and some serious coupon organization, and I'm actually spending substantially less now than I did five years ago.

[Send this DUmmie a coupon for a FREE Kewpie Doll!]

Our paper is so right that I can't buy it anymore...no coupons for me

[And, of course, DUmmie Snoutport is too DUmb to figure out that you can download electronic coupons right to your cellphone. Or just print them off the Web.]

veggie burgers up to $7.00/box from $5.17 in ONE week...that was my latest sticker shock. That's for FOUR damn soy burgers. SOY!

[SNIFF! No Soy burgers for me. I guess I'll be stuck eating 100% FREE beef burgers as as a substitute.]

Honey Nut Cheerios are a staple for us and going up like crazy!!

[Another item your humble correspondent gets for FREE via using just a little coupon research.]

The Fascists won...haven't you been watching?

[Today 'Nilla wafers. Tomorrow...THE WORLD!!!]

I paid almost $12.00 for 3-1/2 lbs of grapes. $7.50 for 4 avocados

[Meanwhile I paid $2 for 4 avocados on Friday. I was off my stride since I didn't use coupons on them.]

$8.50 for a qt of blueberries

[There's one born every minute in DUmmieland.]

I have a bright spot. Last week I saw a 1.75 L bottle of whiskey on sale for 18.99 and stocked up.

[When Ol' Rotgut is on sale, then stockpile it!]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Our paper is so right that I can't buy it anymore...no coupons for me"
That has got to the most lame excuse I've ever heard.
Whining about politics so not to save some money.

"veggie burgers up to $7.00/box from $5.17 in ONE week...that was my latest sticker shock. That's for FOUR damn soy burgers. SOY!"
Eat some beef you DUmbass. Beef is good for you.

" I paid almost $12.00 for 3-1/2 lbs of grapes. $7.50 for 4 avocados"
Don't shop there. Easy.

"I have a bright spot. Last week I saw a 1.75 L bottle of whiskey on sale for 18.99 and stocked up."
Oh, hell, yes. I'm with you.

Skul

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Stix said...

UMMM do they understand that using corn (food) for fuel is driving prices up, and that the Dems are making it impossible to drill for our oil here

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Skully said...

I love this clown won't buy a paper because it's "too far right". They probably put a Conservative columnist in the Saturday paper, and that's just too much of a slant for this Prog.
Our local leftist rag has great coupons on Sunday. I used to line the cat box with the rest of it, but then the cats pooped on the floor.

The idiot then pays nearly 3.50 lb for grapes?? Must be paying for that organic label. Politically Incorrect grapes are 1.99 lb at our local market.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJ Comix, coupon ninja.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

All hail the coupon queen!!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Corona said...

I was going to buy the Boston Herald but Ziggy is such a racist bigoted homophobic capitalist rightwing Repube nut.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Gregory of Prescott said...

[Class warfare is the reason why DUmmie Snoutport has to pay $4.08 for a box of 'Nilla Wafers. Where's Lenin when we really need him?]

Comment of the Year Nominee.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food will continue to climb until gas prices fall. The cost of production by farmers is high right now because of the energy costs. They have to make up their losses some way or they lose their farms.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least Snoutport is giving up DU as well...

---

Snoutport (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-10-11 02:13 AM
Original message
Snoutport bids you adieu... time to leave DU



Hello DUers!

Some big changes here. I have been offered a really great job up in Seattle and so we are pulling up stakes and moving North. One thing we have been discussing is getting rid of our cable and the internet.

As part of an experiment we tracked our online hours and a disturbing trend showed up. My partner is addicted to video games and I'm addicted to DU. (or reading news to share on DU) So we have decided to go for a year without having cable or computer hooked up in our home. We'll have internet access at work for email but since I don't read DU or post from work I'm afraid that DU is one of the things I am giving up.

I have absolutely loved my experience here. I hope that someone else will pick up the slack and start recapping the Phone Hacking stories for me. Don't be too hard on the President in here...the guy was handed a terrible job with a fierce opposition.

Good Luck All! No need for messages since I'm actually pulling the plug on things this evening before we start packing things up.

Perhaps I will see you in the future.

Cheers!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home