Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Do you drink coffee?"

If you have infiltrated DUmmieland, this is a good time to build up your post count leading up to the November election. And the best way to build up your post count is to post on non-political threads in which you might have have an interest such as this THREAD, "Do you drink coffee?" This is an easy one in which to participate especially if you are a caffeine fiend such as me. So let us now watch the DUmmies discuss java in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, suddenly craving a cup of iced coffee, in in the [brackets]:


Do you drink coffee?

[Of course. Coffee goes sooooo well with DUFUing.]

Personally, I don't. I've tried to drink a cup maybe twice in my life and failed miserably both times. I was younger then, so maybe I hadn't developed a taste for it yet, but I don't have any trouble waking up in the mornings. It just never seemed like something I needed, but I know a number of people who just can't function without at least one cup of coffee.

[What a wimp! How do you "fail" at drinking coffee? Did you also fail to be toilet trained?]

Sp what about you, Loungers? Can you wake up on your own, or do you need that caffeine boost in the morning?

[I love to be highly caffeinated when laughing at the DUmmies. And now to the other DUmmies...]

Certified Barista and Coffeemaster. It used to be my job to love coffee. Best job I ever had, I'd go back in a heartbeat for the right money. The pay was crap.

[Am I the only one who absolutely HATES that pretentious Starbucks word, "barista?"]

2 cups a day (one at home and then a vanilla latte from starbux) it's ridiculously expensive - don't know why I do it.

[It's ridiculously expensive because you don't know how to use coupons. I recently picked up a half dozen FREE vacuum packs of Chock Full 'O Nuts coffee with coupons.]

Charbucks?! :puke: They over-roast and over extract to skimp on grounds. The end result is a bitter, sour tasting brew but I guess for a latte you might not really notice. I brew my own, even at the office (French press). I buy freshly roast from a local roaster for about $5 a pound.

[You're right about Charbucks. The first time I ever drank it, I thought they burnt the grounds by mistake. After checking out a couple of more Charbucks, I was shocked to discover that was the taste they actually wanted to serve was "Scorched."]

Nothing like a nice cup of coffee and reading DU first thing in the morning.

[Nothing like a nice cup of coffee and reading DUFUs first thing in the morning. ]

Drinker and former server. I was a badass foamer.

[Newsflash! You're still a foamer.]

No. I can't stand the smell of it.

[Actually it was the smell of coffee that caused me to become a drinker. I still remember the incredible smell of ground coffee from age 3 which led me to drinking the stuff.]

I like robust taste, but without too much brightness or earthiness, so I tend to steer away from most African coffees

[Racist!]

We got a pound of Starbucks beans for christmas, and it really sucked - flavorless, weak shit.

[I was once given an expensive bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. Supposedly the best coffee in the world. But when I brewed the stuff it tasted like nothing but hot water with a vague coffee taste. Very disappointing. Anyway, copious quantities of coffee will keep me awake Election Night and the next day while DUFUing the melodramatics in DUmmieland. Hee! Hee!]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Actually it was the smell of coffee that caused me to become a drinker. I still remember the incredible smell of ground coffee from age 3 which led me to drinking the stuff."

Me too. And Starbucks really is terrible. What's funny is that McDonald's coffee is actually better. I should start pouring it in a Starbucks cup so people stop making fun of me.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous dutch508 said...

I blame the Army. In Basic Training we could have no soda but we could have coffee.

26 years later I am trying to kick the habit.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home