Friday, December 10, 2010

Join me in the "Prog Land in My Mind"!



Hiya, cousin. . . . You say the corporatist overlords have got you down? You say you spoke truth to power, but power put you on hold? And you'd be taking it to the streets, if only you could find your way out of the basement? And you tried starting a revolution, but the oppressed masses were too busy playing FarmVille? Is that what's bothering you, bunkie?

WELL, LIFT UP YOUR HEAD AND AND TAKE A WALK IN THE SUN WITH THAT DIGNITY AND STICK-TO-IT-TIVENESS THAT YOU'LL SHOW THE WORLD, YOU'LL SHOW THEM WHERE TO GET OFF, YOU'LL DO WHAT ONE DUMMIE DOES . . . ESCAPE!

Yes, that's the philosophy of DUmmie originalpckelly. If he can't get a revolution going in the real world, he'll lead one in a pretend one! Yes, the Reality-Based Community™ is having a Mental Revolution®! We'll read about it here in this
THREAD, "pssst...yeah you...there's a revolution starting...want to join in? it begins in you..."

Now every revolution needs an anthem, and so yours truly, the wag tailoring the doggerel, has come up with this one. Click the music link and sing along!

PROG LAND IN MY MIND
Tune: Playground in My Mind

When the bad guys get me down
And I must stay underground
I take some drugs and soon I find
I'm in a Prog Land in my mind
Where the DUmmies laugh
And the DUmmies play
And we smoke a bong all day

My name is Michael
I'm kinda mental
I'm kinda mental
I'm on DU
My mind will travel
When things unravel
That's what I'm gonna do

Oh, the wonders that I find
In the Prog Land in my mind
In a world that ought to be
Pop your pills and follow me
Where the DUmmies laugh
And the DUmmies play
And we smoke a bong all day

My name is Willie
We tax the wealthy
We're gonna take a
Trillion or two
We're gonna make 'em
Pay for our healthcare
That's what we're gonna do

See the litle DUmmies
Living in a world that is not confined
Happy little DUmmies
In the Prog Land in my mind

See the little DUmmies
See how they play so happy
In the Prog Land in my mind

La la la la la la . . .

So let us now join DUmmie originalpckelly in a trip to Prog Land, in Bolshevik Red, while the commentary of your humble guest correspondent, Charles Henrickson, wondering if mental jackbooted thugs will put down the mental revolutionaries, is in the [brackets]:

pssst...yeah you...there's a revolution starting...want to join in? it begins in you...

[In me? Why, what possibly could you mean?]

Today I pledge that I am a revolutionary. I will not stop until this government is radically changed. What it will look like, I do not know. But I know one thing: I have a revolution in my mind.

[Oh, I get it! Your MIND is revolting!]

I may do everything like a normal person, but I am not normal.

[You're telling me!]

I do not believe in any particular ideology, I believe in the truth. The truth has set me free.

[Speak it, brutha!]

I know I own me.

[At least until you have to foreclose on yourself.]

I pledge that I will work until my death to ensure that my brothers and sisters will reach freedom.

[You are the mental Moses.]

It is no different than being on the underground railroad. . . .

[It's like being on a PRETEND railroad! CHOO CHOOOO!!!]

I am free, and nothing will stop me from making sure others are free. Even imprisonment or even death. In the jail cell, I'll be the freest man alive. And dying at the gallows, I will live forever.

[It's the Think System®! It's revolutionary!]

I tell the people who own us: I AM FREE!

[FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK MY OWN THINKING, I'M FREE AT LAST!]

I am meek, not much really, but knowing I am free makes me more powerful than a nuclear bomb.

[Drugs are FUn!]

Resist at every turn. Do not let this die down. Force the issue. Do everything you can to get in THEIR face. Shut them down in your mind and you will shut them down in the most important place. But don't just shut them down in your mind. SHUT THEM DOWN EVERYWHERE! AT EVERY TURN! SHOW THEM WHO'S REALLY BOSS!

[YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!]

It is the oligarchy of business interests and government interests, mostly right wing, that uses things like the media to tell us lies. That's also the "they" I use. It's not just US v. THEM. It's the free versus this massive blob of tyranny that just keeps growing and growing. Do what you want to, but the blob is rolling down your street as you read this.

[The Blob That Ate DUmmieland.]

I'm no genius, I can't tell you all the answers, but I know one thing: YOU ARE THE ANSWER!

[You are the answer to the question you've been waiting for.]

I'm not some political leader, I will never hold political office, but I am a person who can figure basic sh*t out.

[Like words and stuff.]

Let the revolution begin within all of us tonight. THE EMPIRE HAS FALLEN IN MY MIND, LET IT FALL IN YOUR'S TOO!

[THE MENTAL REVOLUTION® BEGINS TODAY!!!!! . . . And the DUmmies respond . . .]

I'm in.

[Insane!]

Its a crazy concept, I know, but they invented these places called airports a long while ago. You see, from one of these "airports" a person could go just about anywhere else in the world, away from this jackbooted police state.

[LOUSY FREEPER TROLL!!!]

I'm in...I say f*** it. Pull the finger out of the dike and let it rip.

[Pull my finger!]

On first read, I thought the rhetoric rather over the top. . . .

[On second read, it's absolutely loopy!]

Wow. Mom forgets to send the rent money and now this? . . . Good luck with the revolution. I heard those can be nasty dirty things.

[The Mental Revolution® is so much neater and cleaner than real ones!]

And tomorrow morning, you'll drink some coffee, go to work, maybe eat a sandwich. Vive le revolution!

[It IS like FarmVille, after all! Prog Land, take me away!]

16 Comments:

Anonymous KayInMaine said...

WOO-HOO! YOU NEOCONS CANT BRING ME DOWN! THE GREAT ALAN GRAYSON HAS STARTED AN EXPLORATORIE COOMMISION FOR A PRESIDENTIAL RUN!!!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

originalpckelly really needs to make sure what mushrooms they use on the pizza he orders from his mommy's basement.
hey, kelly, perhaps if you hold your breath until you turn blue, you might get your revolution off the ground. In the meantime, show those evil corporations and capitalists and disconnect from the grid. After all, you don't want to help enrich those evil profit-making thugs. Buwahahahahaha!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anon 1:50 said...

This is really sad.

"I am a worthless, feckless, dunderhead, incapable of actually DOING anything, so I'm just going to have thoughts about, er, doing things."

That this alleged person would actually write this on a public forum bespeaks a level of self-worth at such an incredibly low ebb, we should be concerned for his/her/its mental stability.

Or not.

I'm good either way.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now go build a birdhouse in your soul, too.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous ENVISIO said...

Alright! To the streets!
Wait, I have to work during the day... and my daughter will be in a parade this weekend.... lets see, I have a dinner party Sunday... I promised the wife I would clean out the garage... so, can we schedule it for, oh, say Tuesday around 7:30?
Viva la something! Oh BTW, what are we revolting against again? Should I bring snacks or something?

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in their minds would these nit wits survive a revolution. We're talking about not having any government handing anything out. Self reliance in it's most basic form. This isn't the self reliance crowd. I've never quite understood this contradiction in thinking.

I've got a bum hip and my medicare and unemployment is about to run out but boy am I ready for revolution. I think people seem to think that when the revolution takes place that water/electricity/food/medicine will all still be widely available. Great civility will ensue and all will be harmonious with the rich paying even more taxes to the nonexistent government.

Then again here comes Darwin to remove them from the gene pool.....maybe I'm for this revolution after all.

They might as well be screaming "I've got the conch, I've got the conch" lol like moths to a flame.

Johnny 5 is alive

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the new batch of crazy after watching Obama walk out on his own press conference to leave Clinton at the helm.

You're gonna be a busy man with all the DUmmie FUn that's about to happen.

Johnny 5 is alive

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Jerome Goolsby said...

Sounds like these fools use drugs to visit an idealized version of the fantasy universe Troglaman visits when he power-slams his head up his ass.

I'm betting Troglaman's fantasy universe is a lot like Hell considering the level of hate and vitriol he displays.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous skyechild said...

Kayinsane farted out:

"WOO-HOO! YOU NEOCONS CANT BRING ME DOWN! THE GREAT ALAN GRAYSON HAS STARTED AN EXPLORATORIE COOMMISION FOR A PRESIDENTIAL RUN!!!" Well, if he spells and punctuates as well as you do, he just MIGHT have the intelligence of a slug. If not...oh, well...

I heard Kayinsane had the hots for Grayson. Guess there's no accounting for taste.

Re: Dummies and their mind revolutions. Doesn't a mind revolution presuppose that a mind had to exist in the first place? I've seen no such evidence. 8-)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I do not believe in any particular ideology"-DUmmie

"It is the oligarchy of business interests and government interests, mostly right wing"-SAme DUmmie

Well that didn't last long.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"WOO-HOO! YOU NEOCONS CANT BRING ME DOWN! THE GREAT ALAN GRAYSON HAS STARTED AN EXPLORATORIE COOMMISION FOR A PRESIDENTIAL RUN!!!"-KayinMaine

That's awesome Kay! I say you end your monthly tithe to the GodEmperor Obama and start sending it to the boy wonder.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous troglaman said...

"Sounds like these fools use drugs to visit an idealized version of the fantasy universe Troglaman visits when he power-slams his head up his ass. I'm betting Troglaman's fantasy universe is a lot like Hell considering the level of hate and vitriol he displays." jackhammer jerome

jackhammer utopia. Work a broomstick or mop handle in here somewhere and I, troglaman, am yours.

1:09 AM  
Anonymous DumbAss Tanker said...

Originalpckelly is a thesis paper on the delusional power of cultural myth, just looking for a grad psych or soc student to write it up.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of revolution do they want? What are they revolting against? The "business interests" that give them a paycheck on a regular basis? Good idea! And then how do they pay their bills? The government pays them??

What a bunch of idiots!

And can you imagine the idiots of idiots, Grayson, in the WH? That is when I head for the hills just to get out of harms way.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry. Grayson has about as much a chance of sitting in the White House as kayinmaine has of posting a lucid, correctly spelled and punctuated comment. Think snowball in hell.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Jerome Goolsby said...

I hope Grayson does run - we need someone who thinks and acts like Troglaman to provide us respite from the politicians during the next Presidential campaign, and Grayson is overqualified in that aspect. Trust me, the humor will be needed even if it's humor by a moron.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home