Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Worst. Thanksgiving. Ever."

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was great. I did all the cooking and for the first time learned how to make my own gravy which is much superior than the canned gravy in the stores. We sat around and enjoyed the food. Then watched the tube while drinking lots of beer. All in all a very pleasant Thanksgiving. However, there is a group for whom Thanksgiving was absolutely MISERABLE this year...the KOmmies (and probably DUmmies). Yes, the KOmmies just couldn't get politics out of their heads for the holiday. For that reason it has ruined their holiday as you can see in this KOmmie THREAD miserably titled, "Worst. Thanksgiving. Ever." So let us now watch the KOmmies complain about their miserable Thanksgivings in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, already hungry for another turkey dinner, is in the [brackets]:


Worst. Thanksgiving. Ever.


[Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.]


Yeah, I ate some turkey. I saw some relatives. My family is pretty healthy. But something just wasn't right this year, and apparently I'm not the only one.


[The USA is WINNING in Iraq. This makes it hard for KOmmie crowbar317 to digest his turkey.]


Usually, when the holidays come around I get excited. I get up early and call people I haven't spoken to in a while. I tend to smile and laugh a bit more. I feel like I am on vacation at home.


[Especially when a Democrat is in the White House.]


This year I had no such feeling. I slept until Noon on Thanksgiving day and ate a turkey sandwich in silence around 3pm. I couldn't even get into my precious football.


[I guess just having a lousy turkey sandwich for Thanksgiving would make me miserable too.]


At first, I thought I was just in a depressive state, but then I made my once enjoyable now obligitory phone calls, and everyone else was suffering the same malaise.


[Were they also eating just turkey sandwiches instead of complete dinners?]


People were tired and in crappy moods. When I asked how their day had gone, the best I could get was "okay" or "alright." Everyone tried to put a positive spin on things, but the facade was obvious.

Now I'm no expert, but I can't help but think that the current state of the nation played some part in this. When some 70% of the people believe that their country is on the wrong track, it takes more than some turkey and pumpkin to make them feel better.


[A booming economy and military success in Iraq makes the KOmmies think we are on the wrong track.]


So if you and yours had a crappy Thanksgiving this year, vent it out right here. You will not be judged by the fowlness of your mood.


[My fowl was quite tasty.]


Everything sucks.


[Including the fact of eating just a turkey sandwich for Thanksgiving.]


Could it be that the effect of bread and circuses has worn off? And another invasion or more foreclosures will not suffice to calm the masses?


[Hee! Hee! If this KOmmie thinks his Thanksgiving was horrible this year, wait until Thanksgiving 2008 following the election. Hee! Hee!]


Alec Baldwin posted this yesterday over at Huffpost:

Thanksgiving was...peaceful. In all of my adult life, I have rarely seen Americans so in need of a vacation, a break, a place to go that is safe and comfortable. I have rarely seen Americans rush toward the Thanksgiving weekend with such need and commitment. This country is coming apart. And people are in a lot of pain about that. Eight years of these lunatics raping everything they see has been exhausting. Americans are exhausted. Our system is breaking down, slowly, and people are, when they get honest about it, frightened about what that means, short and long term. Iraq is a mess and they botched that so badly. Now, some say Iran is next. How can that be?


[The only thing coming apart is Alec Baldwin. And speaking of lunatics...]



Bush has sapped the life from us.
he's made us fatigued by rage.
We are rage-fatigued.
We have come to accept the lowest common denominator on his watch.
We have gone backwards in almost every way.
Ater 7 years of madness, we are weary.


[Your Thanksgiving was ruined? Bush's fault!]


Thanksgiving 2004 was worse. Bush was re-elected. Four more god-damn awful years of the stupid SOB.


[And Thanksgiving 2008 will be even worse for you than Thanksgiving 2004.]


As a vegan, I also have the "carcass in the middle of the table" thing to cope with.


[I love to see vegans get upset by good wholesome meat!]


Eh, I had a good Thanksgiving, but frankly am not inclined to celebrate Christmas, in any way, shape or form. After so many years of Bill O'Reilly's annual claptrap of the "War on Christmas" I am getting just a little grinch-like as a committed secularist.


[Amazing how much power you allow Bill O'Reilly to have over you.]


Spent Thanksgiving with my parents. (I'm in my 40s.) Seeing my father brings up a lot of bad memories of how he treated me when I was a kid. So I am surly toward him, even though he's old and harmless now. I need to move on. I know it. And preferably while he's still around. But I just don't seem to be able to. Any advice?


[Get over yourself.]


Sometimes when I think it's all going to go to hell, I also think gun would be a good thing to have.


[Here's a great Thanksgiving guest to have...NOT!]


It was one day closer to the end of the Bush Administration. Truly joyous!


[And one day closer to the beginning of the Romney Administration. Truly joyous!]

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family and I had a glorious Thanksgiving. My son-in-law was home from Iraq on leave. We had good ole fried turkey and all the trimmings. I have so much to be thankful for. It must really be awful to be Kommies and Dummies. They get no joy from anything except when something bad happens to their enemies. It must be such a terrible life to not appreciate anything in your life. I'm now looking forward to a wonderful Christmas.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They just hate being happy.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was the best Thanksgiving ever! Peace, contentment, good food, some wonderful libations...

I shopped carefully, got EXCELLENT deals on everything and had enough food to feed everyone with plenty of leftovers.

Now? The soup is quietly simmering, giving off a lovely smell, the kitchen is clean, and I'm just kind of mellowing, smiling and...

I might just treat myself to a nice nap later!

Happy Holidays one and all, even the Grinches in Dummieland!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great Thanksgiving. Got to see people I haven't seen in quite a while, ate good food (ate too much I guess), played Wii with the kids (I lost, as usual), and had a lot of fun, as did the rest of the family. I'm looking forward to yet another enjoyable Christmas season with friends and family. Who wouldn't enjoy that?

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Thanksgiving was great! Had an awesome meal and a great day with the family. Was thankful things appeared better in Iraq for the troops, then in previous years. Way to serve the WHOOPASS!!
I'm thankful the libtards are still miserable, even though they won the last election.
I'm thankful that the tratiors and cowards on the moonblogs have nothing to be thankful about. I'll worry when these assholes are thankful.
Thanks PJ for making an already great Thanksgiving even better!!

Skully

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Thanksgiving was a quiet affair. It was just my parents and I, we were all rather unhappy that neither of my brothers could make it (Though my older brother who lives in California will be visiting in mid- December). But, it was still a nice time.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why at the end of the day ... we just have to pity them.

Liberalism is based on unhappiness.

It must suck. They revel in misery.
Ironically, not only are they only 'happy' when they're miserable, they'll cheerfully imagine their own misery, when necessary.

The elections don't matter. They can win every one, and they'll just find something else to hate, something else to march and protest about, something to whine miserable about.

It's what liberalism is.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing my father brings up a lot of bad memories of how he treated me when I was a kid

I swear this is true: lots of lefties have "daddy problems".

I think they want a Dem to be president because they prefer 'a Mommy' to 'a Daddy'.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a very good Thanksgiving. Other than the food and family, my aunt, who has some sort of eye condition that usually results in the loss of the eye, is on the mend.

Then I read this today and I find I have even more to be thankful for, I am so thankful I am not a DUmmie.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to drive a neighbor's kid to the airport...

Apparently he came home (from college) and started in with the "Chimpus Khan" narratives, and, after several warnings was finally told to STFU or leave.

He called me, and I gave him a lift. The whole way to the airport ranting and grumbling.

I was glad to be rid of him, and suggested he might want to give Christmas a miss this year...

No sense of balance, of decency, of timing, of consideration. Whiny children denied a cookie screeching in exasperation.

They need a good beating.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When some 70% of the people believe that their country is on the wrong track, it takes more than some turkey and pumpkin to make them feel better."

Excellent point. Time to elect a Republican congress.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driver Anon:

Are you saying that the college kid's family wouldnt even drive him to the airport?

Damn!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rodolfo!

Nah. They would've begged him to calm down and stay.

He was in such a huff, he chucked his stuff in a duffel bag snuck out the back door and called me on the way over to my place.

When I spoke to his father, his father said: "Oh well! If he's gonna behave like this, he's gonna get his nose punched for it."

Really. This was one offensive individual. One track, self-righteous, and, of course SO much more informed and up-to-date than any mere mortal.

Standard Liberal.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I couldn't even get into my precious football."

"Precious" and "football" should not be uttered in the same sentence. Rugged, yes, but not "precious". That guy never even had a man-card to have revoked.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the KOmmies need some psychiatric care:

At first, I thought I was just in a depressive state, but then I made my once enjoyable now obligitory phone calls, and everyone else was suffering the same malaise.

Depression has an hereditary component.

Everything sucks.

See above

As a vegan, I also have the "carcass in the middle of the table" thing to cope with.

But how would you have felt about an aborted fetus ?

Eh, I had a good Thanksgiving, but frankly am not inclined to celebrate Christmas, in any way, shape or form. After so many years of Bill O'Reilly's annual claptrap of the "War on Christmas" I am getting just a little grinch-like as a committed secularist.

Burger flipping job makes Christmas embarassing because you can't afford to buy presents, even though you are 40 years old ? Look for a solution below.

Sometimes when I think it's all going to go to hell, I also think gun would be a good thing to have.

Got $ problems, a Ruger out of your price range ? Move to Oregon. We've got physician assisted suicide. Consider it the elephants graveyard for liberals.

11:31 PM  
Blogger The Gunslinger said...

I drove from San Francisco to Sacramento to be with my family for Thanksgiving. I have a new grand-niece; 7 months old...OH MY GOD, never has there been a cuter baby! Seriously, in the history of the world...!

Oh. sorry.

Family. Food. Wine. Love. Babies.

Does it get better than that?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REMORSE AFTER WAR

Ignominy of what we did
May peal unto the rafters
Of highest heaven, that amid
The war-zone were the crafters

Of violence beyond belief
Against true innocents--
This I retain, with no reprieve;
The grief never relents.

It is the legacy of having
Been sent to occupy
A people that did not want saving
Nor either asked to die;

But like the wielder of Death´s scythe
So by machine of war
I chopped them down, with laughter blithe,
But now my sorrows pour.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home