Thursday, November 07, 2013

"CMA (Country Music) Awards Just Made Fun Of Obamacare In Their Opening Number....."


Sniff! DUmmie feelings were hurt because ObamaCare was musically (and hilariously) mocked at the Country Music Awards as this VIDEO shows. You can see their outrage on this DUmmie THREAD, "CMA (Country Music) Awards Just Made Fun Of Obamacare In Their Opening Number....." Yes, Obama MUST NOT be mocked even when he LIES and ends up with a legislative debacle that just does not work. So let us now watch the DUmmies roar their outrage over CMA ObamaCare mockery in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, wondering when the Democrats will have their CYA ceremony, is in the [barackets]:

CMA (Country Music) Awards Just Made Fun Of Obamacare In Their Opening Number..... this is really in poor taste and uncalled for. They ought to issue an apology to the President. It wasn't funny at all.

[CMA will issue an apology to Obama right after Obama issues an apology to the country for LYING.]


well, when the Dixie Chicks made their comments were you demanding that they apologize? many here were not...

[Good point my soon to be tombstoned DUmmie.]


The Dixie Chicks made fun of the president. These two made fun of a website. I don't agree with it, but there is a difference.

[Even making fun of a website is forbidden if it approved by The One.]


Sorry, i love country music but I don't watch the CMA and I don't like the politics of some of the country performers but i still love the music. I don't buy it, but i listen to it on the radio and Pandora. Clint Black and Darius Rucker are among my favorites.

[I can't say I'm much of a Country Music fan either BUT I am a HUGE fan of Patsy Cline. She transcends the style. In fact I have a Patsy Cline radio station on my iheartradio.]


and they mentioned that only 6 people signed up the first day.

[What a ridiculous LIE! Oops! It was TRUE!]


I am finding it hard to get worked up about this. As far as it being in poor taste, or apologies being owed, get a grip. It was actually pretty mild teasing; making fun of a government program. As far as I could see, they didn't get personal toward President Obama, or racist or really offensive, so I won't let this upset me. I do not and will not own any Brad Paisley or Carrie Underwood music. But neither do I own any Dixie Chicks stuff. But, that is simply because I am not a fan of what passes as "country" music these days. It pretty much degenerated into "pop lite" decades ago. I am sure that many of my friends here on DU who are angry about this spoof were happy when one of the Dixie Chicks insulted President Bush. I suppose it depends on whose ox is being gored. Making fun of politicians and their work is one of the rights we enjoy as Americans. Also, life is too short to spend it pissed off.

[I hope you're a fan of Kewpie Dolls because you have one in the mail.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Professor Blather said...

I think my favorite part is that the very first person to comment and stridently agree with the post has the following for their tag line:

"Some cannot tolerate when others do not agree with them. This problem is the underlying cause of most conflicts. A little tolerance goes along way to making the world fit together."

And they don't show a trace of irony or self-awareness.

Too FUnnie.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home