Thursday, November 01, 2007

DUmmie FUnnies Named A 2007 Weblog Awards Finalist!!!

The 2007 Weblog Awards


THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!! THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!! After three years of effort, the DUmmie FUnnies has finally been named as a FINALIST in the 2007 Weblog Awards!!! WOO! HOO!

Okay, I've had three years to think about this and I now have a GAME PLAN for the DUmmie FUnnies to WIN the contest for FUnniest Blog... Starting late tonight and for a week following there will be the CRUCIAL voting period. You can vote once per day but NOT more often since the Weblog Awards have software to detect more than one vote per day from the same computer which would automatically cancel the votes out. So ONLY one vote per day from each loyal DUFU acolyte.

However, each of you can act as precinct captains to get out the vote. All of us have a circle of friends, family, co-workers, and online blogger associates. Therefore I urge each of my DUFU precinct captains to work the "precincts" and bring out the vote. I will have information at the top of this blog in all future DUFU editions that provide links for easy voting. It only takes about two seconds or less to vote.

And now for your motivation in making sure the DUmmie FUnnies WIN as the FUnniest Blog. I could tell you that it would bring instant fame complete with tons of groupies for Li'l Beaver and myself but that isn't quite motivating enough from your POV. Also a WIN in the 2007 Weblog Awards would make it much easier for me to pitch a DUFU book (with CD-ROM insert) to Mary Matalin who has yet to answer my pathetically pleading e-mails. Again, great for Ol' PJ but what do YOU get out of it?

Okay, here is the MOTIVATION that will cause you to hit the VOTE button so hard daily for the next week that you might sprain your fingers. It is this---A WIN for the DUmmie FUnnies would cause such instant ANGST among the DUmmies (and KOmmies) in particular and the Leftwing Blogosphere in general that you will be able to savor some incredibly intense Schadenfreude (not to be confused with Freudenschade). Think about it. The Leftwing Blogosphere will feel instantly miserable knowing that a blog dedicated to laughing at and mocking their many foibles has WON the 2007 Weblog Awards as the FUnniest Blog. Also Pied Piper Pitt would be forced to hit Bukowski's for his heaviest drinking binge ever. A WIN for the DUmmie FUnnies gives this blog tremendous PR leverage with the media to focus the light on the Loony Left which I don't need to remind you is especially important with an election year coming up.

Okay, enough with my blabbering. Let me close out here with THANKING each and every one of my loyal DUmmie FUnnies acolytes for your terrific support over the years.

And tonight we go on to the voting phase to last one week so please prepare yourselves and your friends!!!

Precinct Captains! Move your troops to the border! The invasion of the Blogosphere under the command of General Li'l Beaver commences tonight!!!

p.s. Tell your friends they can easily access the DUmmie FUnnies merely by typing "DUmmieFUnnies.Com" in the URL box.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm an acolyte! I don't think I've ever actually been one before... I MUST celebrate!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tazzerman said...

PJ,

I'm SO very happy to help ya out. You deserve it and have one of the best blogs out here!!!

-tm

8:38 AM  
Blogger steveegg said...

Celebrate quickly, for the real work of Operation Pimp begins tonight.

Today, the finalists. November 8th, VEGAS!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mr Minority said...

You got my vote. I've been a Dum Fun reader for a long time, and am happy to see this site get it's recognition.

Mr Minority

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just $10.00 away from getting PJ his award. Donate at www.scam4cash.net today!

Sorry PJ, I couldn't resist! Good luck on the award and keep up the good work.

12:31 PM  
Blogger The Gunslinger said...

I guess I'm the real DUmmie...but I can't figure out HOW or WHERE to vote.

Help!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Beefeater said...

Congrats. The beauty is that DuFu gets recognized for a satire on a site that doesn't.

DUmmie heads will be "esploding"

2:23 PM  
Blogger PJ-Comix said...

Sorry, AndrewGurn, but I had to delete your comment. I don't in any way encourage cheating. People should vote only ONCE per day. Any more than that and the software at the Weblog Awards will dectect that and delete all your votes. I can win this FAIR and SQUARE!

2:48 PM  
Blogger PJ-Comix said...

Gunslinger---Voting doesn't begin until late tonight. When they commence the voting I will post the info and the voting link here. Just check back and click on the link provided.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Son Of The Godfather said...

Congrats, PJ... When you win, expect the DUmmies to seethe...

...again...

...from their basements...

...or Buckowskis.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant vote because after 6 months of collecting cans, I finally have enough for a bus trip to Boston. First stop Bukowski's!

William Rivers Pitt, the strawberry margueritas are on me!

I was thinking of making this my Make-A-Wish request but I'll save that for YearlyKos!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJ...have been a long time fan. You deserve it!

Speaking of Dummie heads exploding, I love linking here when we get our vile little Dummie troll posting links to the DUmp as a reference. It's hilarious every time.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, PJ, well-earned! You ARE the Man! ...or Beaver...or something.....

;o)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tp, one of these days...
The Bukowski's remark just cracked me up.

I did find out what you win for the "weblog awards". A free trip to the Waterboard Park at Gitmo. OH-BOY! I hear it's run by a couple Darwin Award wannabees.

Skul

6:42 PM  
Blogger Mo K said...

[LOL, Skul]

Way to go, Peej! (Har. I just made that up. Don't know if anyone calls ya that and it's probably nerdy, but hey, I'm licensed for Blondness so I can get away with a lot. %-)

Congratulations, and a group hug to my fellow acolytes! I shall do my part to GOTV.

7:56 PM  
Blogger The Gunslinger said...

Thanks, P.J. I'll be here.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Moon Rattled said...

before you vote for the dummy, you might want to read this thread.

I dare you to keep this comment posted and to post the thread link on your blog for people to read, PJ.

I'm hoping the weblog awards people have some morals and see fit to dump you from the competition.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you really want this recognition, don't you? Wouldn't it just be easier to get a date or something?

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,

How do sleep at night knowing that the man you smeared about his disease suffered mentally and physically before he died of cancer because of withheld treatment that you caused?

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home