Tuesday, May 17, 2005

DUmmie FUnnies 05-17-05 ("I'm pretty upset right now, and I need an explanation" ---Pitt)



YOWZA! YOWZA! YOWZA!!! It’s RED ALERT time in the AndyScam scandal!!! A regular 5-ALARM fire has broken out in DUmmieland. Pied Piper Pitt has FINALLY awakened from his insomniac state of apathy and has DENOUNCED Andy Stephenson in this THREAD titled, “I'm pretty upset right now, and I need an explanation.” I’m sure you all are HOT to get right into this firestorm so without further adieu let’s get right to it. Pied Piper Pitt’s ANGRY RED HOT posts as well as those of his fellow DUmmies are in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, watching Dummieland trying to extinguish the flames of outrage with gasoline, is in the brackets:


I'm pretty upset right now, and I need an explanation


[It was ALL explained for you days ago right here in the DUmmie FUnnies, Pitt. I guess you were trying so desperately to get some sleep that you didn’t notice.]


As you all know, I was one of the people who took point on raising money for Andy. I wrote about it for truthout two or three times, and convinced the crew at Progressive Democrats of America as well that we needed to raise a call for help.


[Your choice, Pitt: Were you a sap or a shill?]


This is what I wrote for truthout on May 3rd:

"A few weeks ago, Andy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, one of the more dangerous varieties of the disease. His doctors told him he needed a Whipple procedure to get at the tumor, and only a few hospitals in America can perform this complicated procedure with the required competence. To compound the problem, Andy shares the plight of millions of others in our disgusting for-profit health care system and does not have health insurance."


[That taste of Scamdy Kool-Aid does tend to leave a sour taste in the mouth. Eh, Pitt?]


This is what I wrote on the PDA blog, in our call for help, on April 29th:

"Several weeks ago, Andy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was recently told that he must undergo what is called a Whipple Procedure. This is a very serious surgery that few hospitals in America are skilled enough to perform well, and requires significant time for recovery. Fortunately, some friends managed to get Andy a slot at Johns Hopkins Medical Center, one of the premier hospitals for this type of procedure. He is slated for the procedure in the second week of May. Unfortunately, the hospital requires a $25,000 down-payment before they assent to doing the Whipple, and requires another $25,000 once the procedure is done. They are expecting the down-payment immediately."


[A FOOL and his money are soon parted. Same goes for his mind too.]


The basis for this started way back in February. On the 29th, I posted this truthout blog entry, which I reposted here on the first and fifteenth of every month to help raise money:

"For the last several weeks, Andy has been suffering through a bout of Hepatitis. The word came down yesterday, however, that his situation is far more serious. 'I apparently have a tumor growing around the bile duct where it passes through my pancreas," he wrote. "The tissue sample was consistent with malignancy; it could be benign but I am planning for the worst.'"

Note that here it says 'tumor.' In subsequent weeks I was told that it was pancreatic cancer requiring a Whipple. Note also that the fundraising for Andy did not start a week or so ago, but started three months ago.


[So you swallowed Scamdy Kool-Aid from the get-go. It sure doesn’t say much for your judgement, Pitt.]


I woke up today to this DU thread, in which it was reported:

"fyi: it is a tumour on the duct, not the pancreas themselves. it looks to not have spread at all. it is not pancreatic cancer as others have posted, but if it was not caught early enough, it would have certainly spread there."

"...as others have posted..."

I am one of those "others" who posted it was pancreatic cancer, requiring a Whipple. I posted it here, on truthout, and on PDA. I did so because that is what I was told was the diagnosis, repeatedly, by both Andy and others.


[“others” = “suckers”]


Now that it turns out not to be the case, I have some questions:


[I have a question for you, Pitt. Why are you JUST NOW waking up to this AndyScam when the whole scam has been revealed in the DUmmie FUnnies since last week? But continue…]


1. If it was not the very serious pancreatic cancer, why did the surgery need to be done at Johns Hopkins?


[$$$. And the best way to raise it is to screech pancreatic surgery needed at Johns Hopkins.]


2. If a Whipple was not required, why was $25,000 and then $50,000 needed for this surgery? Andy could have gotten this far-less-serious procedure done back in Seattle for a hell of a lot less money.


[Um…maybe because Andy is a CON MAN as has been mentioned for WEEKS here in the DUmmie FUnnies?]


3. Why was I personally told this was pancreatic cancer? Why was I allowed to repeat this now-inaccurate diagnosis many times without anyone correcting me?


[Because Andy knows a FOOL when he sees one.]


Understand: I believe Andy has a tumor of some kind, and this requires medical attention. I do not think this entire situation was fabricated from nothing.


[I happen to have an ingrown toenail, Pitt. Could you please raise money for me and tell everyone it is for cancer of the foot?]


But the 400 people who will come into this thread with "Andy doesn't need this stress" can hold your water. Andy is apparently a hell of a lot less ill than I and others were led to believe, and I need some answers. I put my reputation, the reputation of truthout, the reputation of PDA, and the reputations of all the people who work for those organizations on the line not once, not twice, but every day for weeks on this. I have a huge, huge responsibility here, and I am not going to just let that drop.


[Don’t worry about Andy. He is the FATTEST pancreatic cancer patient in history. You could have figured that out for yourself if you just bother to analyze for a half second those pics he posted recently of himself with chubby cherubic cheeks. As to your reputation, Pitt, I think that already went down the toilet when you posted your HILARIOUS Hockey Puck theory of geopolitics a few weeks ago.]


I have a personal reason for asking these questions over and above everything else. A great and good friend of PDA, activist Damu Smith, was recently diagnosed with advanced colon cancer. There is no ambiguity about this diagnosis. But because I was told Andy had pancreatic cancer requiring a $50,000 Whipple in the best hospital on the Eastern seaboard, I talked PDA into diverting time and resources towards Andy. This wound up diverting time and resources away from Damu.


[Would it make you feel better to know that Andy bought himself a pet puppy?]


I would like some answers. No wait and see. I have spent time with Andy, worked with him, thought I knew him well enough to vouch for him in a time of crisis. I am feeling personally betrayed right now, and furthermore I have put far more than my own feelings and standing on the line here.


[You could have had your answers long ago, Pitt, if you actually paid attention to the DUmmie FUnnies. We were the FIRST to break the Bev Harris scandal. And we are the FIRST to break the AndyScam scandal. (Please take note, Mary Matalin).]


If you think I'm a bastard for asking, I will live with that. But if this is not explained to a degree I find satisfactory, there is going to be hell to pay.


[What are you going to do? Give Scamdy a Bowel Flush? And now on to the commentary of the DUmmie bystanders in this burning HOT melodrama…]


There is nothing wrong or offensive in anything you said. You want answers and you deserve them. I am certain others feel just the same way that you do. I among them.


[You could have had ALL the answers about the AndyScam long ago merely by checking out the DUmmie FUnnies.]


Question though and I'm not trying to discount your concern in any way . . .What is the difference between saying "I apparently have a tumor growing around the bile duct where it passes through my pancreas" and "it is a tumour on the duct, not the pancreas themselves?" They sound like they're describing the same thing to me.


[I’ll let Pied Piper Pitt answer that question. Take ‘er away, Pitt!]


That was February. In the time since, I was told it was pancreatic cancer requiring a WEhipple. I was told this by Andy. I put that third quote in there to underscore the fact that fundraising for Andy didn'st start here a couple of weeks ago, but has been ongoing for three months.


[Uh-Oh! But will you testify to that in court during the AndyScam trial, Pitt?]


Well, I have no clue what's going on. I trust both of you and to see that you aren't totally together on this, I don't know what to think. I'll wait to see what the answers are and what you make of them. *lost*


[*lost* ---You got that right.]


Just curious. If you spent time with Andy, worked with him, and knew him on a personal level - to whatever degree - how is it that you and he never discussed his diagnosis in detail?


[Because Pied Piper Pitt will unquestioningly swallow any Kool-Aid served to him by a Leftist.]


Perhaps you need to talk to Andy. After all, he would be the only one who could truly provide you with the answers you need. Besides, this is DU, after all, and shit can get flung around with great abandon, with matters being taken out of context, and people making mountains out of molehills. I'm assuming that you have a way of contacting Andy, I would suggest that you do. perhaps he can provide you with a copy of his doctor's diagnosis.


[Andy Stephenson is just $10 away from calling Pied Piper Pitt with a full explanation.]


Much as I pray for Andy's good health, I get the feeling I have missed something cuz I don't understand the nuances.


[Here’s a little “nuance” for you: Andy Stephenson SCAMMED buku bucks for the second time in less than 6 months out of you incredibly GULLIBLE DUmmies despite all the warnings posted about him.]


If people stop trying to make this world a better place because of being mis-led ( AND THAT'S NOT AN ASSUMPTION- SIMPLY A POSSIBILITY)- we should all drink the kool-aid asap.


[Um…I think you ALREADY did drink the Scamdy Kool-Aid.]


I just found out in this thread that our friend Damu is sick. Damu is an absolute stand-up guy!!!!!!! My husband has done work with him and Black Voices for Peace over the past few years and he is an inspiration to all. The news that he is sick is shocking and disheartening. I would hate for our side to lose someone so dedicated and valuable. My prayers go out for Damu and his family.


[Yeah, well too bad you fools already sent your money to Scamdy who is NOT sick with cancer.]


I think you need to talk to Andy directly, Will. He's the only one who can provide the answers.


[Andy Stephenson is only $10 away from providing you with the answers.]


Exactly. Why air a concern publicly before giving a "friend" an opportunity to respond? IMO, this is a perfect example of "shit flinging"... contact Andy! Go straight to the source.


[It looks like something is hitting the fan bigtime in Dummieland!]


It was the source that got me going on pancreatic cancer, Whipples and fifty grand. I would like a public disclosure for reasons I think are clearly understandable.


[That “source” will will make full disclosure to you, Pitt, after he is done flushing his bowels.]


especially since the "proof" was the copy of the certified check, not the cancelled check


[Actually copies of cashiers checks but its nice to know you read the DUmmie FUnnies.]


So how are your sleeping patterns? Do you find lack of sleep makes you jumpy? Andy is your friend, or so you say, so call and ask him. And go to the doctor so that you can sleep. Take care of your own health.


[Pied Piper Pitt is just $10 away from getting an hour of sleep this month.]


... Will, thank you for broaching a subject many of us have been afraid to post about and Andy, all I would like is a consistent history of what was known and when. What is the real diagnosis and do you really need a Whipple procedure? Sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm feeling particularly disillusioned this afternoon.


[LOUSY FREEPER TROLL!!! Give to Scamdy until it hurts. And then give EVEN MORE!]


For the life of me, I can't understand why someone in a position such as yourself would not get the patient to sign a HIPPA form and then send the form on to the hospital. There really is no need for all this public thrashing around. There is no need to wonder what is going on. The facts are readily available. The hospital can then send you ALL his medical records. Then any doubts could be absolutely and completely resolved.


[Um…maybe because Pied Piper Pitt is a DUhhhhh…mmie?]


It appears that horse has left the barn. Had I been a professional about this - instead of a trusting friend - I would have required that a hell of a long time ago before posting any calls for help.


[Thanx for “enlightening” us, Pitt… DUhhhhh…mmie!]


I was going to post a similiar thread. But was waiting for the PM and e-mail that I sent to Skinner to be answered before I did. I don't really care who flames me or whether I receive a tombstone for saying this, but I've been very uncomfortable with the silence on this board when it comes to this issue and any verification of the cause I donated not just once, but twice to. Would I have donated had I known it wasn't a life threatening condition? Probably not, because we all know there are MANY DU'ers on this board with medical problems and no insurance to pay for them. If I donated to Andy, I have to donate to them all. I dunno. I hope Andy comes along and clears this all up and that I get rid of this bad feeling I have that I've just had my pocket picked.


[Welcome to “The Silence of the Scams,” DUhhhh…mmie!]


It does "feel" odd, and has now for a couple of weeks. I would have thought by now we would have had the definitive answer, but there are just more questions.


[Well, don’t look to Skinner for answers…or leadership.]


I think all of us at DU need an explanation, because we all invested our time, money and our emotions to this calling. We deserve to be told the circumstances exactly as they are. No more embellishment, just the facts. If this matter wasn't handled on the straight and narrow, then someone needs to be accountable.


[You want the truth? Alright, I’ll TELL YOU THE TRUTH!!! You got SCAMMED!!! And if you want to hold someone accountable, then start with Skinner who idly sat by while allowing Bev Harris’ former partner in crime scammed EVEN MORE money from you incredibly GULLIBLE DUmmies. And after holding Skinner accountable, then hold YOURSELF accountable for allowing your feeble mind to guide you.]


Will, you have to get some sleep. Your lack of sleep is impairing your judgment. This is not an attack, it is an observation and you have let all of the Lounge know you have terrible insomnia. Deal with that, for your sake and for those who trust your judgment. Right now, you aren't using any imho.


[Sleep Will. It is ALL a bad dream. Andy is NOT scamming everybody based on your word. It is only a nightmare you are having, Pitt. When you wake up, ALL will be well…in your alternate reality.]


Skinner was going to get in touch with Andy and get him to give his permission to his doctors to discuss his situation. Then he (Skinner) was going to tell us here at DU what the doctors said. What is the status of that?


[BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Does that answer your question?]


It wasn't just here it was all over the net. Mike Malloy, Thom Hartmann, the Al Franken message boards, the Randi Rhodes message boards, numerous other websites. Always it was posted that Andy had pancreatic cancer which has a less than 10% survival rate and not pancreatitis (or whatever it is he is supposed to have now) which has a greater than 95% survival rate.


[It’s nice to know that DUmmieland has a lot of Leftist company in the Gullible Fools Dept..]


Couple of things. According to what I have seen, the Whipple is not going to be preformed now. The diagnosos I was told in the last weeks was difinitive: Pancreatic cancer needing a Whipple. That was the basis of the calls for help, that it was immediate and life-and-death. Like I said, I don't doubt that Andy has a tumor requiring treatment. But I am not at all sure that it required $50 grand at Johns Hopkins. It could have been pretty much free at a Seattle hospital.


[Which we have been saying for a LONG TIME here on the DUmmie FUnnies, Pitt. DUhhhhh!]


I thought someone said....that the surgery was scheduled for sometime next week. Is that in question now, too?


[Care to answer that question, Pitt?]


Who knows. This has been bouncing around like a ping pong ball. First it was $25k, then $50k, then the checks got lost, then Andy posts a thread about writing a 'hot check,' then he deletes his own thread, Skinner has not posted any clarifications, I don't even know what the surgery date is anymore, and now the whole diagnosis has changed.


[Beautiful summation of what we have been stating ALL ALONG in the DUmmie FUnnies, Pitt.]


But such surgery could easily be performed in Seattle...The $50,000 was needed to cover surgery at Johns Hopkins because the survival rate for pancreatic cancer was higher, not just surviving the surgery.


[DUhhhhh….mmie! Glad you finally woke up to REALITY.]


Next time, get the facts before you start a fund drive


[DUhhhhh…mmies!]

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Regenspan said...

For those who are wondering about the veracity of this post or looking for an update on it, check out the Seattle Weekly article about Stephenson's passing, several months after this post was written.

8:28 PM  
Blogger k said...

Wow, you really are an arsehole.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home