Saturday, January 15, 2005

DUmmie FUnnies 01-15-05 ("The Hopi Elders Speak")


I think the DUmmies have been watching too many Billy Jack movie reruns as you can see in this THREAD titled, “A DUer's Wakeup Prayer -- The Hopi Elders Speak.” Read the Hopi Indian prayer below for yourself. Somehow I think something has been lost in the translation. Anyway, the DUmmie Hopi Wannabee chantings are in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, humming the Billy Jack theme tune, is in the [brackets]:




This has been my morning meditation for the past year, a gift from a Montana friend. It has really taken on much more meaning in the last few months as, first, I worked as a campaign volunteer; and, later, as I have pondered what I (we) can really do to overcome the turn for the bad that our country has taken. This prayer reminds me that we have much to be thankful for, including the fast flowing river. See all who are here among us at DU and celebrate. We are the ones ....


[Wouldn’t Montana country actually be home to the Sioux? Somehow I think Hopis are very rare in Montana. Anyway, let’s hear your Hopi Prayer.,,]


From the Hopi Elders


[Where’s the Zip Code?]


You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.
Now you must go back and tell the people that this is The Hour.


[Okay, this is The Hour. Now what?]


Here are the things that must be considered:
Where are you living?
What are you doing?
What are your relationships?
Are you in right relation?
Where is your water?



[Is this a prayer or some sort of Hopi Q&A? Anyway, my water bottle is in the fridge.]





Know our garden.
It is time to speak your Truth.



[The horse manure in your garden stinks to high heaven.]


Create your community.
Be good to each other.
And do not look outside yourself for the leader.


[I thought it was Create your own Reality. Anyway, enough with the Yakety-Yak! When are we going to get to the Billy Jack Snake Ceremony?]


This could be a good time!


[This could be a good time for you to put up or SHUT UP! We want the Billy Jack Snake Ceremony…..NOW!]


There is a river flowing now very fast.
It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid.
They will try to hold on to the shore.
They will feel like they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.


[I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.]


Know the river has its destination.
The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off toward the middle of the river,
keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water.
See who is there with you and celebrate.


[Now, which is it gonna be: drive your car in the lake or get a dislocated elbow?]


At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves!
For the moment we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.


[Being an Indian is not a matter of blood... it's a way of life.]


The time of the lonely wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.
All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.


[A great Indian holy man, Wovoka, is speaking through him.]


We are the ones we have been waiting for.

The Elders, Oraibi, Arizona, Hopi Nation


[Don't let your mistakes crush you and keep you from doing the very best that you can.

Billy Jack, Taos, New Mexico]


I have this very message framed on my wall. I participate in a lot of Sweat Lodge Ceremonies and this was passed out at one of them just prior to Y2K. (The Elders knew what was coming clear back then!)

[Did you buy a Sweat Lodge Ceremony T-Shirt at the gift shop?]


Love that line: "We are the ones we've been waiting for." Didn't know where it came from.


[It came from the Book of Billy Jack, Psalm VII, Verse XV.]


One kick for ...the Dineh and the Zuni and the Acoma and the Laguna; and the Eastern Shoshone and the Northern Arapaho; and the Crow.


[And to the Chanooka and the Dreydel.]


And a kick for ...Little Joe Duran, the Arapaho Keeper of the Pipe


[And a kick for …Little Joe Cartwright, the Bonanza Keeper of the Pipe and the Green Leaves inside the Pipe.]


The heirarchy in the Constitution requires a name so our work is to find a person who represents us authentically and justly Us meaning US.


[President Billy Jack?]


A friend and I were doing some work a week or so ago and the part especially about the river is exactly what we were writing about. It's the reason I'm coming to Washington DC next week.


[Billy Jack Goes to Washington. The last flick of the sacred Billy Jack series.]


That is the most beautiful prayer I've ever read
I'm passing this on to my email list - Powerful


[And don’t forget this Billy Jack Prayer:
I have a lot of fear, but I have a lot more respect. Long ago, I learned that he's my constant companion. He eats with me, he walks we me, he even sleeps with me.]


Leave it to the indigenous ones...not the usurper-oppressor-agressor-genocide-committers, to come up with a holistic, universal, philosophical perspective. Is it apparent to anyone else that we Europeans, in contrast with indigenous peoples, take such a short-sighted and consumptive approach to everything? It makes sense, considering our oppressor/aggressor history.

[Bernard, I want you to know... that I try. When Jean and the kids at the school tell me that I'm supposed to control my violent temper, and be passive and nonviolent like they are, I try. I really try. Though when I see this girl... of such a beautiful spirit... so degraded... and this boy... that I love... sprawled out by this big ape here... and this little girl, who is so special to us we call her "God's little gift of sunshine"... and I think of the number of years that she's going to have to carry in her memory... the savagery of this idiotic moment of yours... I just go BERSERK!]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home