Tuesday, April 04, 2006

DUmmie FUnnies 03-04-06 (Michelle Malkin's Work Ethic)



This is a bit off topic from the usual DUmmie FUnnies material but I note that Michell Malkin posted a blog entry called MY WORK ETHIC in which she informs us about her Workaholic habits in doing her blog. DAMN HER!!! Normally I do my blog in the morning and figure it is time to laze off for most of the rest of the day even though I have been procrastinating for weeks putting the final touches together on my upcoming DUmmie FUnnies audio podcast. I was all set to kick back and relax after an afternoon nap but now am COMPELLED by her example to WORK on finishing up my Podcast.

BTW, does anybody out there know how to combat afternoon fatigue? Lately I've gotten into the habit of taking siestas and then still feel worn out the rest of the day. I'm starting to think people, by nature, are designed to sleep TWICE in a 24-hour period.

Well, enough for the procrastinating. Back to work on the Podcast. By this time Michelle Malkin could have probably multi-tasked a Podcast into her busy schedule.

7 Comments:

Blogger Capitalist Infidel said...

Dude, I hear ya! I bought a restaurant/bar on March 1st and my nap time is around 2pm till around 4 or 5 pm. Of course that's cause I only get a few hours at night but I've always needed my afternoon nap.

5:54 PM  
Blogger PJ-Comix said...

I'm starting to think siestas are a necessity in the warm climes. I notice dogs and cats sleep several times a day. Why not humans? I mean I get really tired about 3 P.M. almost every day.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For beating the post-lunch slow-down? One word, PJ:

Meth

9:55 PM  
Blogger PJ-Comix said...

Sorry. I want to KEEP my teeth. I saw the PBS documentary on Meth tonight.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Capitalist Infidel said...

You might be on to something there. I just moved from Chicago to Monroe North Carolina. I'm not used to 70 degree weather in March. Makes me sleepy. Time to jump in the hammock after lunch.

10:16 PM  
Blogger PJ-Comix said...

The odd thing is warm weather makes you sleepy in the daytime and cool weather makes you sleepy at night. Just the opposite has the opposite effect. Strange. Anyway, that is why folks takes siestas in warm climates.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with you. I just got one of those memory foam mattresses and it calls to me througout the day.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home